TITLE OF POSITION: Assistant Principals (PK-5 and MS)
This posting will serve to fill two probationary 12-month Assistant Principal openings available due to resignations. The 2016-17 assignments are expected to be at the Dryden Elementary School (PK-5) and at the Middle School (grades 6-8) levels. This posting will also serve to fill any assistant principal vacancies that may occur due to internal movement as a result of this posting. Internal candidates holding this job title and interested in a transfer must submit at least their letter of interest to request the assignment area they are interested and qualified in transferring to.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED: (minimum)
1. Must hold valid certification as a School Administrator/Supervisor, or, School Building Leader/School District Leader as prescribed by the New York State Education Department.
2. Experience in the public school setting is preferred.
3. Knowledge of current education law regarding student discipline, assessments, teacher evaluation, and learning standards.
4. Experience with developmentally appropriate practices and literacy development desired.
5. Knowledge of and positive experienced results with models and techniques of discipline.
6. Ability to work well with students and adults is necessary.
7. Good oral and written communication skills as well as good listening skills.
8. Physical condition commensurate with the demands of the position.
To successfully assist in the management of the school building assigned through use of leadership, supervisory, and administrative skills. To help promote academic achievement for each student as well as a positive school climate.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
1. Reports to: Administrator Assigned
2. Supervises: Students and staff assigned
3. Work Year: 12 month, probationary
4. Rate of Pay: $72,000-$75,000 (based on experience plus administrative benefit package)
5. Evaluated By: Superintendent
APPLICATION AND SUPPORT DOCUMENTS MUST BE RECEIVED BY: 11/22/2016
STARTING DATE: As soon as possible after Board appointment
Apply with support documents as directed* by or before 11/22/2016 via the OLAS website:
District HR Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
* The District website(employment page) and the OLAS posting list items required by the deadline for an application to be complete.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
xc: Superintendent; DAA President; DFA President, DESPA President, Administrators, File
|Administrative||Apply to Dryden posting with support documents and SSN as directed via the OLAS website: www.olasjobs.org/central|